Updated: Jul 22, 2019
When it comes to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools, the choices can be overwhelming. Today I am sharing some of my favorite SEO tools for small business owners to use for FREE!
1. Google Search Console 🌎🕷▶️ This is referred to as a webmaster tool. You'll need to install your site verification code to begin using this free marketing tool. Submit your sitemap URL to via the Google Search Console so you can send Google's bot to fetch your site for indexing. Think of it as telling Google you are ready for them to go crawl your site.
2. SEMrush.com 👩🏻💻🔥📊 This is my first tool during a site audit. I love the ability to build custom report at the start and end of a website project. It provides me with a list of ideas for site optimization, keyword research and pages to fix. At the end of a short-term marketing campaign, I can measure my results by running a second audit to show the return on investment (ROI). Looking for a site audit? Enter your domain below for a FREE site audit.
3. EntireWebSubmission 💻🔎📍 Free Search Engine Submission service to submit to multiple sites such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo and more. It is an easy way to get your site listed by multiple sites at once.
4. Search Engine Results Preview 📸📲🛠 This nifty little tool lets us check what a site looks like on Google's Search Engine Results Page (SERP). It is a nice snapshot of what your website looks like to a user when they find your site on the results page. Knowing where the character text cuts off can be useful to know and fix.
5. DuckDuckGo 🦆🦆🕵️♀️ I use this tool for 'clean' browsing. When you need to test a site or search without any presets, cookies, settings, privacy preferences, etc., this is a useful internet browsing tool. DuckDuckGo is trending right now as the safe browsing option for those with privacy concerns.
6. Woorank.com 🎛📈💡 Another great tool for performing a site audit and keyword research. Using a combination of tools gives a little more perspective into the health of your website.
7. SpyFu.com 🕵🥋🗃 Before you start a paid advertising campaign, do your keyword research! This free tool allows you to snoop on your competition's keywords and even their paid campaigns.
The SEO toolbox keeps growing! I have plenty of others, but had to make the cutoff somewhere. The algorithms keep changing. Are you ready?
What are some of your favorite free SEO tools?
Looking for help with your site's SEO? See pricing packages details for mix and match online marketing services.
NOTICE: This post includes affiliate links. Read more about my disclosures here.